- In order to centralise the administration of the WORT HOG BREWERS, the club now makes use of an online database.
- This information is kept secure within the site and is not shared with any third parties. The only persons with access to the data are the Webmaster and other WHB Committee Members as required. If you have any questions, please email the WORTY WEBMASTER.
- In future, the club will make increasing use of a database approach in order to streamline administration as well as to make things work automatically on the site. Hopefully everyone will benefit !
- As an example of its use, all emails from the committee, for example for the regular two-monthly meetings, get generated from the list of email addresses in the database. The benefit is that we then dont have to rely on the Club Secretary being in town that week in order to arrange the guest list for the meeting.
- Also, if your email address changes, then you will be able to log in and change it yourself.
- Another example is the upcoming WHB Summer Beer Festival 2004 where all offers of beer are being entered and viewed through a database. This of course means that the webmaster doesn't have to update the site every evening and you can, at any time log in and change your offer of beer, volume of beer etc. Sound good ?